Fiona Quote of the Week

Talking to her plants on the windowsill:

"What are you doing? You are watching a show? Oh, can I sit and watch with you? Oh, it's a grown-up show? Well, okay."

Then to me:

"Mom, can I take my plant to play?"

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Waiting for MN

For the past few weeks, it seems like all we're doing is waiting for our big trips of the summer and fall. While Joe is staying plenty busy with his French course, our life has slowed down with the end of some school year activities. With the heat, even park playdates are less than appealing. I'd just LOVE a day with a high below 95. MN here we come! Fiona is certainly up to her usual antics, however. Here is the latest sampling!

Here we are at our grocery store during "Argentina-fest". Fiona finds this photo very strange to look at. I think it's the adult bodies that don't quite match up with the faces she knows.

One morning I had folded laundry in a bag. Fiona started laying out the clothes without me noticing, and then told me she was "matching" the outfits. Pretty good job!

Icing her buns after a bump on the floor. Obviously the silliness of this situation cured more discomfort than any cooling properties of the freezer.

When the battle against the nap has been lost...

...and when she's won. Having "quiet time" and listening to books on tape :)

I believe there's a "baby in her tummy"??

We're finding ways to spend our days, but we miss you all and can't wait for the next visit!
Remove Formatting from selection

No comments:

Post a Comment